I can not guarantee the correctness and completeness of these answers.
How can an application developer improve performance of Task Lists in TaskSpace? • Disable ACL security on structured data types and process variables
• Minimize the number of roles in a TaskSpace application
• Design task lists for multiple processes
• Avoid using custom adaptors in task lists
A WDK properties dialog is used to display document attribute values in a TaskSpace application.
Where should language specific labels for attribute names be defined so that they display in each user's native language?
• In Form Builder's Properties dialog
• In Composer's Type editor
• In the properties.xml file in WDK
• In the /System/Applications/
A business process has an automatic activity that calls out to a web service. The service provider can experience momentary outages.
What is the EMC recommended approach for this situation?
• Place a second Web Service activity directly after the first that has a pre-timer
• Use a fault handler with appropriate parameters set for interval and retry
• Include a rejection flow that subsequently loops back into the automatic activity
• Set the maximum timeout for the automatic activity to account for the outage
Which object type should be queried to return all running instances of a process? • dm_process
According to EMC best practices, how should BAM reports be designed to improve reporting performance in high-volume environments? • Avoid drill-down reports
• Leverage filter variables in report filters
• Use 5-minute aggregation entities
• Set chart types to bar chart
Which specific permission(s) must a user have on a process template to invoke/start an instance of it? • RELATE, EXECUTE PROCEDURE
• READ, EXECUTE PROCEDURE
• EXECUTE PROCEDURE
What is one way the queue_admin role is different from the queue_manager role? • The queue_admin can suspend and unsuspend queued items
• The queue_admin can select tasks from the work queue to work on
• The queue_admin can monitor and assign work queue items
• The queue_admin can create and manage work queues and their policies
According to EMC best practices, what can improve the performance of task list sorting and filtering when there are a large number of active workflows? • Create a database index on the field dmi_workitem_s.r_creation_date
• Create a database index on the field dmi_queue_item_s.date_sent
• Modify the task list form template to sort on dmi_queue_item.date_sent
• Modify the task list form template to sort on dmi_workitem.r_creation_date
When an adaptor configuration is marked as Global Adaptor, which other templates can use the adaptor? • All other templates in the xCP application
• All other templates registered with the global repository
• All other templates in the Composer Project
• All other templates in the repository
Well, this is not a good answer, because Global Adaptors are available for all xCP applications and for all templates in the repository.
Which objects must be configured before creating a work queue? • Work queue policy and override policy
• Work queue policy and queue category
• Queue category and work assignment matching
• Work queue policy and work assignment matching
How should an application developer configure the task template so that it allows the end user to import the package content from the file system? • Configure the import option in process template and add a task attachment list control
• Add a task attachment list control and configure the import setting
• Add an embedded form for the package
• Add a package control and configure the import setting
Which product is recommended to improve document viewing performance of large files (> 5 megabytes) for TaskSpace users who are located in a different country from the repository, when the root cause is known to be high latency? • Accelerated Content Services (ACS)
• Document Image Services (DIS)
• Document Sciences xPression
• Branch Office Caching Services (BOCS)
Which TaskSpace component must be modified to display two additional columns for a particular folder type? • Folder View
• Folder Contents
• Folder Display
• Folder Information
With Document Image Services (DIS) installed, how can rich client viewers be configured to retrieve documents and images from ACS/BOCS in a TaskSpace application? • Select the ACS/BOCS option on the TaskSpace Configuration tab
• Set the useContentServer property of the ivf_config.xml file to true
• Enable the FTP protocol on the TaskSpace application server
• Select the Page Serving checkbox in the viewer configuration dialog in Forms Builder
According to EMC best practices, how should BAM reports that return thousands of records be designed to improve reporting performance? • Limit drill-downs to one level
• Use table charts only
• Include no more than 5 report entities
• Avoid using activity entities
Assuming that there is a database index on authors, title, and creation_date and millions of dm_document objects in the repository, which DQL statement will likely result in the slowest query response time? • SELECT ... FROM dm_document WHERE ANY authors IN('Joe','John')
• SELECT ... FROM dm_document WHERE ANY authors ='Joe' ENABLE(RETURN_TOP 500) <--this is the fastest
• SELECT ... FROM dm_document WHERE r_creation_date > DATE (YESTERDAY)
• SELECT ... FROM dm_document WHERE title LIKE '%News%' ENABLE(RETURN_TOP 5) <-- this is the slowest
Answer D is the slowest
country from a listbox, the form will populate the list of cities. An external database contains the list of cities for each country.
Which configuration would cause the adaptor to execute when the user selects a country in the first listbox?
• Set Value adaptor on the City listbox
• Data Source adaptor on the Country listbox
• Data Source adaptor on the City listbox
• Set Value adaptor on the Country listbox
An application developer is creating a task list template.
How can the developer include process variables in the task list?
• Display tasks from a single process
• Select the include process variables checkbox in the task list wizard
• Include process variables in the search criteria
• Disable ACLs on process variables
An application developer adds a structured data type to the process template which is visible across all activities.
What should the developer do next so the added structured data type is available to an existing task template associated with an activity in the process?
• Use the synchronize function in Forms Builder
• Open the task template in Forms Builder
• Use the synchronize function in Process Builder
• Refresh structured data type in Process Builder
Users access documents by searching for them using a fulltext query. The query could potentially return hundreds of thousands of documents; however users are only allowed to access those that were generated within the user’s own department, which is a small number of documents. Access is controlled using an ACL that grants appropriate access by department.
Which data modeling approach will significantly improve the response time for the query without changing the query semantics?
• Ensure that the ACL assigned to documents does not contain a large number of accessors
• Add an attribute value to documents that indicates the originating department and modify the query to filter on this attribute
• Modify the query to run at the database rather than the fulltext server
• Modify the ACL to restrict, rather than grant, access using the access restrictions feature of Trusted Content Services
According to EMC best practices, which guideline should be used to determine the optimum number of dashlets to include in a process dashboard? A. storage capacity on the TaskSpace application server B. number of IBM reports contained in the current report category C. screen resolution of users' monitor D. average number of executing process instances
Which system configuration has the most direct impact on the elapsed time between the completion of one activity in a process and the execution of the next automatic activity? A. value of the Content Server's concurrent_sessions parameter B. heap size and garbage collection settings of the TaskSpace application sever C. workflow agent count and sleep interval parameters of the Content Server workflow agent D. heap size and garbagecollection settings of the Java Method Sever
An application developer configures a TaskSpace component in Forms Builder. What can be referenced in the conditional expressions to hide/show fields? A. TaskSpace role B. business calendar C. TaskSpace tab D. parent application
What is required to import a TaskSpace application into a Composer project? A. The TCMReferenceProject Object type B. The TCMRefecencePcojact JAR file C. The TCHReferenceProject TaskSpace application D. The TCMReferenceProject Composer Project
Which column must be included in a folder content template to support collaboration features? A. Collaboration B. Topic Status C. Discussion D. Thread
What is the EMC recommended best practice for clarifying a conditional transition in the process template? A. Set the transition logic in the current activity B. Set the transition logic in a Decision Split activity C. Have the activity wait for a named trigger event D. Create a custom method that sets the next activity