Documentum 6.5 compatible
A preset scope involes one or more scopes:
- users, groups, roles
- object types
A preset without a scope serves as a preset template.
Different scopes are able to overlap each other. Scope precedence orders scope qualifiers in a way that enables prioritization of one preset scope over another. The order of scoped (default / out of the box), defined in the webtop_layer app.xml
- User or Group
- Object Type
Preset rules specify what the preset does.
|Navigation||Repository nodes in the browser-tree. The rule also specifies the default node to open after login. Nodes controlled by client capability/role may not be added via this rule.|
|Actions||Menu items, action links, action buttons, and tool buttons. Menu items are restricted in the context menu as well.|
|Types||Object types for assigning to objects.|
|Attributes||Default values for attributes.|
|Formats||Formats for assigning to an object. When file extension is available the formats associated with the file extensions are also shown in addition to those specified by the applicable preset.|
|Templates||Templates to use for creating new objects. Type and format of the object may disallow (and hide) some templates allowed by preset.|
|Lifecycles||Lifecycles to assign to an object.|
|Workflows||Workflow templates (process definitions) available for starting workflows.|
|Groups||Groups or roles for an ACL of a quick-flow.|
|Permissions||ACLs for assigning to object.|
- preset rules define the available options
- attribute rules provide values to be assigned to properties automatically
- a single attribute is not overwritten by a preset rule if it already has a value
- multi-attribute values an be added to the existing list
- auto attribute for imported content is possible
- The Preset Editor is only available in Webtop not in DA.
- Presets can managed by members of the group “dmc_wdk_presets_coordinator” or sysadmin or superuser.
- Presets override WDK configuration.
Presets override WDK configuration files in memory. They do not change the configuration files.
- Data Dictionary overrides presets.
- Aspect attributes are not allowed in presets.
- Modifiesd presets are only apply to new items.
- Presets can set the attributes of string, integer, and double types only.