The xMS – Tools are a collection of folders and files. The “installs” folder for example contains all the description and binary files of Documentum and xCP 2.0.
The “bin” folder contains the installation-description files (bat files for windows and SH files on Unix) to execute the xms-server and monitoring-server installation.
The xMS Server is the engine that executes xMS commands. The xMS Management Center is a web interface to interact with the server. This chapter describes the installation of xMS Management Center.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.42
- VMware vFabric tc Server 2.9.3
- Java JDK 1.7.25
Don’t use the default directory. Install Java near the root directory without whitespaces and not in the “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder.
- VMware Tools
- Internet Explorer 9 or 10
- Google Chrome (current version 32 works fine)
Windows Server Preparation
- Update Windows (don’t install IE 11)
- Disable UAC (User Account Control) in the user settings
- Disable IE ESC (Enhanced Security Configuration) in the server manager
- Set JAVA_HOME to the JDK root directory
- Enable RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and add/select additional users
- Copy the “installs” folder (its named “Media Location”) to a network storage location or to your NAS. Make sure to share this folder to the selected known users.
Server config file
media-location is the network path to the installation folder
media-location-username is one of the usere who has access to the media-location
the following properties may be commented out or in
bootstrap-configuration=../bootstrap-dctm-configuration.xml # The Media Location in UNC Format.Value should not end with a (backslash) character. Double Quote value if backslash necessary. media-location=\\\ # Username to access Media Location. Value should not end with a (backslash) character. Double Quote value if backslash necessary media-location-username= #Application server absolute installation Path(Directory name should not contain space) install-dir=C:\tcServer #install-dir=C:\tomcat #Application Server product name(tcServer or tomcat) appserver-name=tcServer #appserver-name=tomcat # Specify AppServer version which you want to use to deploy xMS server war appserver-version=2.9.3.SE #appserver-version=7.0.42