Deploy xMS Agent on Apache Tomcat
This is part one of an additional guide to deploy the xms-server.war on a DIY Windows Environment. The next part describe the registration of an xCP environment manually.
If you are install xCP 2.0 on Windows you can download the compiled exe-package. The *.exe download package does not include the catalina.bat file, because the *.exe package installs tomcat as a Windows Service. The tomcat memory settings are set in the Apache Tomcat 7.0 Properties Application. The zipped package includes the catalina.bat file. The full requirements are listet on the D7 xMS preparation page.
- Stop Apache Tomcat 7.0 Services
- Copy the xms-server.war file in the Tomcat 7.0 webapps folder
- Rename the *.war extension to *.zip and extract the file and delete the original *.zip file afterwards
- Open cmd – the windows command center
navigate to \webapps\xms-server\WEB-INF
xcopy xms-agent-context.xml xms-server-context.xml
ensure that the xms-agent-context and the xms-server-context files are equal
<bean id="xmsServerConfigurator" class="com.documentum.xms.server.XmsServerConfiguration"> <!-- Whenever an xMS agent is being deployed, set applicationType to "AGENT_TYPE" --> <property name="applicationType" ref="AGENT_TYPE"/> </bean>
- Open the Apache Tomcat 7.0 Properties Application and set:
- Start Apache Tomcat Services
wait >1 minutes until the xms-server is completely deployed
- check the deployment: http://<localhost>:<8080>/xms-server
port 8080 for non SSL / port 8443 for SSL connection
Download Apache Tomcat 7.0.29 from the Apache archive.